Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead) Denim Jacket

If there is a particular jacket that you would like to find more information about, please enter it in this section. We will work at trying to get the information added to the site.

Moderator: Mike

feezle

Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead) Denim Jacket

Postby feezle » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm going to be doing this costume and I'm looking for the denim jacket. Unfortunately it is mostly covered up so there isn't a lot to go by. If anyone can figure it out you guys can!

Thanks in advance!

feezle

Re: Daryl Dixon (Walking Dead) Denim Jacket

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:12 am

Think I found it. LEVIS Dark Blue RIGID Standard Denim Trucker

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:13 pm

It doesn't look like a denim jacket. The way it wrinkles and appears so light make it look more like a chambray shirt. Levi's, in a collaboration with Opening Ceremonies, did a chambray trucker but it only came in yellow. I'm trying to find if they ever made one in blue as the blue collaboration jacket that was released at the same time was denim. They have made a women's version in blue so it's possible.

It could be a redye of the yellow, or another, jacket. It's entirely possible as it's so hot filming in GA and he wears several layers in character while everyone else is in much lighter clothing, chambray would make a lot more sense than denim, but would have a similar look. One of Jack Bauer's jackets was a redye so it's not unheard of.

Also, the color of the jacket would make more sense as a redye if it's chambray as chambray usually tends to have fairly visible white and blue(or whatever other color) threads and this jacket seems more like a solid color overdye.

Not entirely sold on the idea of a redye but I really don't think that's a denim jacket.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 pm

By the way, having said that, I think for a costume you'd be fine with a typical denim trucker jacket.
"I am reminded that if ignorance is a wellspring of fear, righteousness is its favorite refuge."

feezle

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 pm

I just went hunting locally and I see what you mean. Denim looks and feels way too thick.

feezle

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 pm

feezle wrote:Was available in indigo. http://www.openingceremony.us/products. ... ctid=31957

It's pulling up yellow although the description says available in yellow chambray or indigo denim. The release info had the indigo denim pictured and it was heavier denim and had the typical orange stitching that a Levi's trucker would normally have, not the dark stitching and buttonholes of the screen jacket.

http://www.freshnessmag.com/2011/02/07/ ... eremony-2/

If the thread used on the yellow chambray is cotton, then it would dye along with the rest of the jacket but if not, it might look off. Then again, the stitching on regular truckers is pale yellow to orange I guess, so it might turn out pretty cool, no pun intended. Kind of an expensive experiment unfortunately.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Just found a huge pic.

http://multipleverses.com/wp-content/up ... 2_0361.jpg

Looks like a very fine wale corduroy, which would also be thinner than denim.

feezle

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:03 pm

His buttons look silver to me. The ones on that shirt appear to be copper.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

This could be it. I would have said it's too light in color compared to the night shots, but the daytime shots seems to show it much lighter.

feezle

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Looks way too dark but there are pics here of him wearing a trucker shirt/jacket with silver buttons.
http://www.dixonsvixens.com/photos/?wpp ... pa-occur=1

Who knows what lighting could be doing.

Is that one you posted available somewhere?

NM, found it.

The first pic I posted (on motorcycle), it does look like corduroy.

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I don't think that's the same jacket. When I did a search for Reedus there were quite a few pics of him in various trucker jackets so he seems to favor the style.

The jacket I posted was from an ebay auction, but the only one was in XXL. It's corduroy like the screen jacket appears to be in the large pic I linked to.

feezle

Postby feezle » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Nice pic! That is definitely it. Crap...

Kittlemeier

Postby Kittlemeier » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:36 pm

feezle wrote:Nice pic! That is definitely it. Crap...

I'm not 100% certain, but it sure is close.

feezle

Postby feezle » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Wrong buttons but I just bought this...

http://img2.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.130659446.jpg

Looks about right to me. Will see how it looks when it gets here. I bought the vest today too so I'm excited to see how they look together.

Return to “Jacket Requests and Information”