Impractical Jokers on TruTV

This is an off-topic section devoted to random subjects, information and general conversation.

Moderator: Mike

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Impractical Jokers on TruTV

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:20 pm

I have to ask if anyone has ever caught this show.

The basic premise is that four life-long friends who have been embarrassing each other all their lives, have turned their pranks into a hidden camera show. Typically, a hidden camera show tends to exploit the unsuspecting public, but these guys are the butt of their own jokes. They create challenges that each has to complete that are often so cringeworthy and embarrassing that they are difficult to watch.

The catch is that they are at the mercy of their 4 friends who tell them what to say via a hidden earpiece. Other examples of the pranks are collecting for a charity that they do not know about until they are asking for donations, or giving slideshow presentations when they do not know what the slides are in advance. The results are hysterical. There are 4-5 challenges in each episode, and whever loses the most challenges in each episode must face a humiliation concocted by the other 3 guys.

This example is from when Sal lost and had to walk out on a baseball field and improvise a song in front of a crowded stadium. He did not even know the name of the song until he was standing on the field and it was announced over the loudspeaker. You feel so embarrassed for these guys, but you cannot help but laugh your ass off as well...

Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean. -- Ryunosuke Satoro

Ctu92

Re: Impractical Jokers on TruTV

Postby Ctu92 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I've actually watched this since it began, love the show! Very light-hearted and can't help but laugh at all the insane challenges. If anyone hasn't caught it yet, go check it out. It's a great show :wink:

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:26 pm

"Don't call me moustache..." :lol:

Ctu92

Postby Ctu92 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:38 pm

"I'm going to call you clown'" :lol: Have to say Sal is my favorite on the show.

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:45 am

Sal's fails are epic too. "Surprise Funeral" where he is laughing uncontrollably and the dentist office where he raises the patient way up and tilts the chair all the way back are great Sal moments.

I have a hard time choosing a favorite. It used to be Joe because of his uncanny resemblance to Steve Carell and the fact that he is fearless. But after a while, the fearless part got old. But Murr and Sal have humiliation which makes their challenges funnier. The look on their faces when they see one of the unexpected challenges is priceless. I love when Sal is giving the motivational Powerpoint presentation to a group of strangers and the image of the humping unicorns pops up.

But Q's line from the Costco bit is great. Right out of Christmas Vacation.

Moustache guy: "Don't call me moustache"
Q: "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to her."

Great fails:
Joe as a handwriting analyst: 'I can tell by your signature that you are a hot girl..." then the guys feed him the next line "...trapped in an average woman's body." He can't say it.

Sal as Costco employee: (to random woman) "There is a mega sale on tampons in aisle 4." shakes his head and says "nope..."
Or in "Penny for your Thoughts" when Sal has to tell the woman that the fluoride in the water is giving his son "bitch titties."

My favorite fail was during "Don't I Know You?" where the guys have to approach strangers and convince them that they know them. The trick is that they have to do this by using prompts that the other guys are holding up behind the strangers on cue cards. Some of them are pretty funny... "I was the one that punched that nun" or "I am the president of the Dakota Fanning fan club..." or "I exposed myself in spin class..." but the best was when Sal held up this sign and it stopped Q in his tracks...

Ctu92

Postby Ctu92 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

LOL absolutely agree! Easily a handful of my favorites right there. My favorite moment in the show actually comes from Murr who is a close second favorite for me. It's from "Roommate from Hell" and it's the scene where he meets the a potential roommate who works with stocks, only to realize he's a total party animal. Murr goes so far as to get him to jump on the couch together, lol! Has to be one of my favorite moments (starts at 2:10):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82Y2T0c10A

Man, more people should jump on the bandwagon! :wink:

Return to “Non-FILMJACKETS Related”