Officially Licensed: Batman Movie Replica Outerwear

This is an off-topic section devoted to random subjects, information and general conversation.

Moderator: Mike

Herojacket

Re: Officially Licensed: Batman Movie Replica Outerwear

Postby Herojacket » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:57 pm

Very cool looking jacket. I'm not partial to superhero logos on anything I wear either but I can appreciate a cool looking item!

Nice work!!!
Let's make something go BOOM!

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:49 am

David. good to hear that the Bruce Wayne jacket is being brought back. It seems like it came and went without much notice last year.
The thing I did not care for was the (presumed)thickness of the leather and the overdone distressing.

Getting back to the jacket just before this on the post, too bad you can't offer it without the bat-symbol. I mean it really does not have any screen presence at all.
If you offered it without the bat, you may very well not have to pay the licensing fees, because in essence, it is just a jacket that you designed, and a beautiful design it is.

You may want to get into just generic leather jacket design. :grin:

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:13 pm

Herojacket wrote:Very cool looking jacket. I'm not partial to superhero logos on anything I wear either but I can appreciate a cool looking item!

Nice work!!!

Thanks bud! And Big Respect to your post because even though this may not be for you, it's always nice to hear what you all think of our goods, so thanks for chiming in!

David. good to hear that the Bruce Wayne jacket is being brought back. It seems like it came and went without much notice last year.
The thing I did not care for was the (presumed)thickness of the leather and the overdone distressing.

The TDK Bruce Wayne Motorcycle Jacket did fairly well for us, but we slowly shifted our focus product wise to the full movie replica suits VS any other garment...but we're just getting too many requests for this to be brought back, so we're going to reintroduce it. :grin:
The thickness and distressing was exact to the screen used jacket. I handled it in person, and was careful to make direct copies of it but also accept that what was physically used on film VS what was seen on film can in fact be interpreted as two separate things. This time they're going to be made of 1.4 mm leather and we're going to make the 'what was seen on film' version...so there wont be all that distressing. :)
I realize that here many felt that our jacket should have been made based on what was seen on film, but our focus is and will continue to be movie replicas, so having had access to the hero jacket our choice was not to reinvent the wheel but rather make it exactly as it was. That said, this time we're taking the route of what was seen on film...pretty exciting!

Getting back to the jacket just before this on the post, too bad you can't offer it without the bat-symbol. I mean it really does not have any screen presence at all.
If you offered it without the bat, you may very well not have to pay the licensing fees, because in essence, it is just a jacket that you designed, and a beautiful design it is.

You may want to get into just generic leather jacket design. :grin:

Just generic or no branding jacket designs are not really our product focus any more. We did that for a few years in the first part of the last decade, but for the last 2+ years our goal has been to take full advantage of these Studio properties and offer the best in movie replicas or commercial goods (which is what this new Batman jacket is) that we can. That said, I realize that a cool jacket design may still exist beyond the visible logo branding...but that's not what UD Repicas is. :)

David
....as children we dreamed.

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 am

.........more to come. :)

David

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

David, I love the design of the jacket, the collar and the shoulder details. The only thing that is a deal breaker is the bat sign.
I asked before and maybe they can have an option of it NOT being on there.

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am

DavidCoppola wrote:David, I love the design of the jacket, the collar and the shoulder details. The only thing that is a deal breaker is the bat sign.
I asked before and maybe they can have an option of it NOT being on there.

Hey David,
Happy to hear you dig the jacket design, but being that these goods are licensed under WB/DC, we wont be offering this design without the logo. The whole purpose of our goods is based on these larger than life characters that we all love so much. I do understand your desire, but unfortunately our goods are not sold modified in any way. Sorry bud.

David

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:43 am

David, thanks for getting back. Too bad, I would have definantly been interested.
Maybe if the bat were removable, I'd go for it.
Magnoli is making a similar design, but at $795, I'll pass.

Yours looks more substantial than his.

xOUTLAWx

Postby xOUTLAWx » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 am

David any chance you bring back the ''Joker's Goon'' jacket with the 89's artwork back?

Godspeed

Postby Godspeed » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:13 am

DavidCoppola wrote:David, thanks for getting back. Too bad, I would have definantly been interested.
Maybe if the bat were removable, I'd go for it.
Magnoli is making a similar design, but at $795, I'll pass.

Yours looks more substantial than his.

Exactly what i wanted to say :)
And maybe in dark brown color.

Why not opening another online store for leather jackets? I really like how accurate your jackets are and for that price...man, it would be awesome.

DavidCoppola

Postby DavidCoppola » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 am

Yes, a very untapped market.
My online leather store would be called "Unique Leather". It would probably be like "Wested in the West".

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 am

Guys this is all great to read, and a big thanks for the vote of confidence.
Maybe in time we'll expand to include our own line of garments, which is something I personally would LOVE to see happen...but for now we have a lot to manage and produce with our current catalog of studio related goods. The last 2 years have seen record numbers in sales with each new release, but the flip-side to that is that orders-production and delivery must be managed carefully...which is why I hesitate to introduce small 50 garment runs of unassociated products to our current production.

As we continue to expand, we'll look at all potential markets and product avenues to consider...while we're not there yet, in time this 'could' become a reality.

The Purple Joker GOON Jacket and TDK Bruce Wayne Street Jacket are both making their return to our website. In the case of the Goon jacket, the JOKER chest patch will remain with the Heath Ledger Joker image as it is for all intense purposes a TDK Batman commercial garment. :) ...but I have seen some of our Goon jackets customized with the earlier 89 patch.
Details on all new garments on the website...hoping for end of the month!

Thanks again guys, especially when you consider that our goods are not necessarily for everyone...it's extremely humbling to continue to see your support.
Rock on folks!

David

superDrool

Postby superDrool » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:57 am

I can support whatever endeavor you pursue David. As your companies catalog is ever expanding and I'm sure in time you will be a monopoloy of awesome. :wink:

I was curious to know if you've considered the Beast vest from X3 or the Lady Deathstrike battle suit at all.
Last edited by superDrool on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion notwithstanding, continue smoking that in here, and you'll spend the rest of your days under the belief that you're a six-year-old girl."

xOUTLAWx

Postby xOUTLAWx » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 am

DAVIDYR1 wrote:The Purple Joker GOON Jacket and TDK Bruce Wayne Street Jacket are both making their return to our website. In the case of the Goon jacket, the JOKER chest patch will remain with the Heath Ledger Joker image as it is for all intense purposes a TDK Batman commercial garment. :) ...but I have seen some of our Goon jackets customized with the earlier 89 patch.
Details on all new garments on the website...hoping for end of the month!

Thanks again guys, especially when you consider that our goods are not necessarily for everyone...it's extremely humbling to continue to see your support.
Rock on folks!

David

Great news Dave!!! :grin: Good luck with the new projects!

DAVIDYR1

Postby DAVIDYR1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:03 am

Very Cool!

Guitarist sensation Paul Gilbert (http://www.paulgilbert.com) of 'Mr. Big' and 'Racer X' on VH1's 'That Metal Show' wearing our TDK Batman Leather Motorcycle Jacket!

More pics and interview here...
http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pk= ... 3075&pn=26

David

RIMMAYR1

Postby RIMMAYR1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 am

Here's a couple of cool Batman Begins: Leather Motorcycle Suit pics...The black drape is being used to keep the suit wrapped up and dust free as work is being done in the new showroom... ...but this one was pretty cool..

And a bit of a close up...The cod wont have the seam down the center like that, it was an oversight while trying to get the convention parts ready...but it does suit the over all look. It does line up to the jacket middle seam but the mannequin was not assembled properly as of yet.... Still, not to worry, it wont be there in the final delivered pant.

While hard to tell, this jacket is the final length of the production jackets...and makes a huge 'HUGE' difference to the overall look, comfort and fit while riding. Coolest design we've done to date!!!

The Utility Pouch here is just an earlier prototype...at the time of this pic the final production ones had not been fully received....

More....much more to come!

David
PS: I'm using my wife's account because I can't log in with mine...sorry for any confusion.

Return to “Non-FILMJACKETS Related”