"I Am Legend" Jacket

We have all had those defining moments when we noticed a film personality on the silver screen wearing a fantastic leather jacket. Or maybe you fell in love with James Dean’s iconic red windbreaker. You thought it looked so great and you knew someday you would have one just like it. This is a forum to discuss those jackets.

Moderator: Mike

Stephan M229

Postby Stephan M229 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:16 pm

I'd like to know if it has blacked out liner and how the buttons look and belt?

Basicly if it was a dead on copy of the film.

Also, are you able to purchase the pants there? Longway tripple canvas? You know, someone I. Your position could make a little extra cash buying direct from them and ebaying it. Hint hint....;)

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Oooooo...man I'd take that XXL if I didn't just upgrade my TV and home theatre components. :( Oh well at least the movie will look good when it comes out on DVD. :D

bugmenot

Postby bugmenot » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:43 pm

Stephan M229 wrote:I'd like to know if it has blacked out liner and how the buttons look and belt?

Also, are you able to purchase the pants there? Longway tripple canvas? You know, someone I. Your position could make a little extra cash buying direct from them and ebaying it. Hint hint....;)

I don't think it does have the blacked out liner - there are pics located here:

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1913

Actually, it looks exactly like my Steve McQueen Replica Trialmaster (liner, length,etc).

/g

Arethusa

Postby Arethusa » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:49 pm

Help me, Magnoli, you're my only hope.

Indy Magnoli

Postby Indy Magnoli » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:12 pm

;) I'm still working on sourcing some good wax cotton. I could easily do this jacket in a black lambskin for anyone wanting a leather verison.

I'll let you know as soon as I can do it in the correct wax cotton.

Kind regards,
Indy
+Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam+
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com

michaeljcr

Postby michaeljcr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:07 am

bugmenot wrote:
Stephan M229 wrote:I'd like to know if it has blacked out liner and how the buttons look and belt?

I don't think it does have the blacked out liner - there are pics located here:

http://filmjackets.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1913

Actually, it looks exactly like my Steve McQueen Replica Trialmaster (liner, length,etc).

/g

Great pictures on that link, I hadn't seen that post. I don't think any pictures I'd be able to take would top those, but I'll still try and get one of the window display.

michaeljcr

Postby michaeljcr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:10 am

I'll check for the pants.

I'm not overflowing with extra cash at the moment, but if anyone really needs something from the store in a specific size and isn't going to need to be able to return it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I imagine though, with the exchange rate the way it is, buying from the UK if you're in the USA isn't going to be very cost effective!

michaeljcr

Postby michaeljcr » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:16 pm

Here are a couple of pictures of the IAL jacket from the window of the Belstaff shop in Manchester. They wouldn't let me take photos inside (fair enough, most shops don't) but they were happy for me to take some pictures from the street. Sadly, there is quite a lot of reflection in the glass, but you can still see the display quite well.

Let me know if these pictures are too big and I'll replace them with links. I've also got large, high-res pictures if anyone wants me to email them some.

bugmenot

Postby bugmenot » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:07 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the pics!

jimbot

Postby jimbot » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 pm

i gotta know....are the sleeves the same length as will smith's jacket?

bugmenot

Postby bugmenot » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:36 pm

jimbot wrote:i gotta know....are the sleeves the same length as will smith's jacket?

I dunno, but the sleeves are supposed to be long - this is an old motorcycle jacket, so they made the sleeves longer because you're reaching out on a motorcycle grabbing the grips, and you don't want skin exposed.

THEMAN

Postby THEMAN » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:26 am

The length looks to be the same ~30 inch length of the standard trialmaster to me...not the extra length as in Smith's screen seen jacket.
http://LogansCloset.com

Making Ultimate Apparel Reality

Herojacket

Postby Herojacket » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:17 am

I agree that looks a lot like a standard Trailmaster unless that mannequin is 7 foot tall.

Does Belstaff make Tall sizes? To me that what Will Smith looks like he is wearing maybe and LT or XLT.

rlampano

if you'd like to change the look of your buttons

Postby rlampano » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm

use this stuff, or something comparable, for aging...

http://www.architecturals.net/restore/p ... fm/pid/297

Rick
SITE ADMIN

Postby Rick » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Herojacket wrote:I agree that looks a lot like a standard Trailmaster unless that mannequin is 7 foot tall.

Does Belstaff make Tall sizes? To me that what Will Smith looks like he is wearing maybe and LT or XLT.

We have to keep in mind that the film jacket was custom-made for Will Smith. Please notethis postwhere it states that Will Smith's jacket was made longer than the standard Trialmaster Legend... Odds are that you will never get the exact look as the movie due to this custom fit.

Return to “Film Jackets”